There are specific juicers for varied requirements of juicing, ranging from the wheat-grass, which is the hard leafy vegetables type, to the traditional lemon juicers. It is of utmost importance therefore to choose wisely depending on the final goal of user in mind. Juicers can also be classified according to the mechanism they use, how efficient (or inefficient) they are and what is quality and richness of the juice they extract. Depending on the above factors, juicers can usually range in price from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars. I will explain the benefits and shortcomings of each type of juicer in the list below. The details follow after the listing of names. Feel free to dig deeper and enrich your knowledge about these health distribution machines.
Top Juicers based on Ratings and Reviews
The best twin gear users are listed below. Feel free to click on the link which will take you to the page with actual user reviews and ratings:
Tribest Juicer has been rated by nearly 150 people as their favorite juicing equipment. The ratings show a satisfaction level of 95% which is almost difficult to achieve with a mediocre quality product. Customers said that they witnessed twice as much juice from veggies and fruits and will be able to cover the extra cost within a year due to the increased yields. Cleaning of mesh and other parts is a breeze. It seems to go smoothly even with hard vegetables such as carrots.
2. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer Reviews:
Omega J8006 is an old horse among the masticating juicers for the money. It is not only highly cost effective, it also beats other lower cost juicers due its high end juicing functions. Users stated that the pulp was really dry after they finished juicing and expressed a high level of satisfaction with the cost effectiveness. As of now, this juicer has over 1821 happy customer reviews on amazon.com and maintains a wonderful star rating of 4.5+ . It must be mentioned that such high ratings are unusual for old juicer models. So Omega must have done some research before building this baby.
3. Super Angel All Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juicer:
This is certainly the king of the juicers and is reported to produce the best tasting juice among all available. It is made of surgical steel parts, very easy to clean and produces almost no foam content. Whereas other juicers are reported to produce 7-10% foam content, Super Angel keeps it below 3%. It is really quite during operation and can be called the Rolls Royce of the juicer family.
Different Types of Juicers
- Cold Press or Masticating or Single Gear Juicers
- Triturating or Double Press Juicers
- Centrifugal Juicers
- Wheat-grass Juicers
1. Cold Press aka Masticating Type
What is a Masticating Juicer?:
These are almost the best juicers and provide juice with high nutrition value intact. They do not cause much burning of the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients. This is due the fact that they tear the fruit fibers first and then press them, resulting in a phenomenon that is very similar to how humans eat fruits with their teeth. Although the name masticating sounds fancy, it means to chew in normal terms.
They use a single auger or gear shaped long rod to extract the pulp and produce very low amount of heat and oxidation or burning. Although they are pricier than the centrifugal type juicers, they assure that we get the juice of highest quality. They are believed to give an effect, very similar to eating the fruit itself. So we save time while getting maximum health benefits. No more the fruits we buy have to rot on the kitchen shelves due to lack of time. They are also available in the commercial types, which are mainly used by the juice shops in malls and markets.
They are available at amazon at amazing deals and discounts, which can help you in saving a lot as compared to buying them at the stores like WalMart or Costco. If any of yours friends is looking to buy a masticating juicer for sale, make sure to suggest this masticating juicers comparison post to them before they make the decision. Best brand that make this juicer include Omega, Breville, Kuvings, Von Shef and John Lewis.
2. Triturating aka Twin Gear Type
These are called as the twin gear juicers due to the fact that they utilize two gear type rods, interlocked against each other, rotating in tandem to grind, crush and squeeze each bit of the vegetables and fruits to give the maximum yield of juice with minimum heating and oxidation. These are all rounder, i.e., they can be used for green leafy vegetables as well as fruits of all kinds. You do not need to buy different types of juicers as this can perform all the functions you can think of. They turn the input into dry pulp very efficiently, giving us the maximum return from the fruits and vegetables.
But due to all these functions, they are also some of the most costly juicers in the market now. When people ask e what is the best juicer to buy for money, my answer is the twin gear juicers. Although they are expensive, their versatility silence during operation, high juice yield, maximum nutrition preservation makes them hard to resist. If you have not time to eat the raw fruits and vegetables in your busy schedule, this juicer is going to be your health friend from life. You get the same goodness as eating veggies directly, the nutritional value being greater than the single gear or the masticating juicers.
The only down point to notice is that they take more time to complete juicing as compared to the centrifugal type or single gear juicers. Some of the models come with a ceramic biotech lining which makes it possible to store the juice extracted for around 3 times as compared to normal storage. This means you can juice all at once when you have time and drink the juice as good as fresh for 3 more times. (Around 50- 70 hours)
Some of the known brands that make the double gear juicers are Tribest, Omega, Green Power, Samson, Kuvings and Slow star.
3. Centrifugal Type
These juicers use the natural phenomenon of centrifugal force to collect juice from the fruits. They chop the fruits by blades on the bottom of net type drum and sping the cut pulp at a rapid rate which causes the juice to go through the mesh. These juicers are the most basic type and extremely cheap due to their simple construction.
Due to the high speeds involved in centrifugal extraction, the juice gets burnt and oxidized. This causes the nutritional value to go down the drain and this is the lowest quality of juice for any juicer type. If you just want to drink juice for taste without any care about the fiber, minerals and vitamins you get from the juice, then this juicer can be a good economic option. But if you are looking for getting more healthy and freshness from the juice, then go ahead with the above two types.
4. Wheat-grass Type
This type of juicer is used mainly for a single type of juicing application only, i.e., juicing from wheat grass or leaves. It can help to produce green extracts to use in cooking in the kitchen. It is a modified version of the single gear or masticating juicer. Some of these juicers can juice fruits as well, but most of then are limited to leafy veggies. But if your main aim is to get more green goodness into your diet, then these are unbeatable for the prices they come at. You do not need to spend big bucks on a single or double gear juicer as this juicer extracts veg juice perfectly.
Benefits of Juicing
Although there are a numerous benefits of adding juice to our diet, they can be broadly grouped in 4 main points as follows:
- We live in a world where there is virtually no time to eat healthy. Juicing comes as a blessing for us as we can get most of the nutrients vitamins and required minerals in the desired ratio without ever having to use time in cooking the food. Juicing is ultra quick and takes less than one tenth of the time involved in cooking.
- Juices increase the input of vegetable goodness with low increase in total calorie intake. When we juice, we reduce the calories that we intake, thus we can concentrate the nutrients in a high proportion in our diet. Eating too many vegetables can be good, but very difficult, time consuming and high calorie task.
- Juices make the nutrients available in an easily digestible form. Most of the difficult to digest portion of fruits and vegetables are already out as dry pulp, so we can intake the goodness in an easy to absorb form for our body.
- It helps us rotate the foods in our diet much easily as compared to cooking a wide variety of vegetables. Different cooking methods for different types of vegetables mean that juicing makes it easy for anyone to intake various minerals and vitamins easily.
How to get maximum health benefits from juicing?
- Drink your juice fresh: If you let the juice stay in fridge for more than a couple of days, you are going to miss out on the essential goodness provided by fresh juice. The nutrients start to reduce after a few hours of juicing and we should try to drink the juice as fresh as possible. It is advisable to clear up 15 minutes after the actual juicing operation so you have time to drink the fresh extract at ease. Try to breathe in till your stomach, relax your body and mind. Juicing is best enjoyed when you have time to drink the juice fresh.
- Try to get organic fruits and vegetables which are pesticide free. As the old saying made by me goes- the bread can only be as good as the flour used in preparing it. Jokes aside, getting fresh and chemical free fruits and vegetables is a top priority if you want to get a great drink. Rotten and pesticide full stuff can prove to be a very costly miss from the health point of view.
Consumer reports guys have put up their own list for the juicer selection guide. Although I am not sure it is the best, I have linked it here just in case. If you are interested, you can follow the link and read more for yourself.
Best Juicer Brands in Today’s Market:
Just to make this post an all in one, I have added the Best Juicers 2016 brands to the following list. Feel free to visit their sites but keep in mind that they do not offer any discounts on their brand websites. To get the juicers on sale or discounted prices, you still need to visit Amazon or eBay. Below are the 3 best brands of juicers followed by other popular brands:
- Omega Juicers Their best models include Omega J8006, Omega J8004, Omega NC800 HDS, Omega BMJ330 Commercial Juicer, which include vertical masticating, single auger and double auger types. Currently, they produce the best juicers for the money and are undoubted market leaders. People trust them and enjoy their products more than any other brand.
- Breville Juicers Breville is an old and trusted brand that originated in Australia and has a long history. They started as early as 1932 in food related equipment and were the first company to manufacture the toast makers. Since then, they have come a long way to make a lot of other useful stuff like juicers. They make the best juicers for beginners, as their products have essentially no learning curve.
- Tribest Juicers They started in 1988 with products like juicers, blenders, dehydrators and sprouters. They focus on kitchen equipment which provides simplicity.
- Kuvings Juicers